A myriad of festivals and vacations are lined up in the winter months of India. Local and international travelers empty their pockets on the best places to visit in winter in India — snow-laden mountain peaks, tropical beaches, vast plains, and warm deserts that people have been shying away from due to their scorching hot temperatures and humidity.
With an option to visit the ‘Land of Maharajas’ Rajasthan or the ‘God’s own Country’ Kerala or the tropical beaches of the ‘Party Capital’ Goa, it won’t be an exaggeration to say that the winter season is the best time to explore India.
Wondering where you can go for a spectacular snow show or maybe escape it? Here’s a summary of the best winter holiday destinations in India to visit.
- Kerala: Munnar – Wayanad – Alleppey
- Tamil Nadu : Puducherry – Chennai
- Rajasthan : Jaipur – Udaipur – Jodhpur – Jaisalmer
- Karnataka : Hampi – Mysore
- Himachal Pradesh: Shimla – Manali – Dharmshala
- Uttarakhand: Auli – Rishikesh
- North East India : Gangtok – Darjeeling
- Gujarat: Rann of Kutch
- Maharashtra : Alibaug – Nashik
- Lakshadweep : romantic islands and beaches
- Goa : hot and happening winter events
- Kashmir : incredible snowfall